Here at @U2, one of the things we're most proud of is the original content we provide, created exclusively by our staff. In case you missed any of it in October, the highlights are posted here:
Kelley Eskridge kicked off the month by revealing the answers to the September Question of the Month, which asked fans, "U2 agrees to play one song from the album October in a private performance for you. What song do you pick, and why?"
In our weekly Off the Record column, Matt McGee kicked off the month by commenting on his first viewing of Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, while Sherry Lawrence gave her impression of the new U2 documentary From The Sky Down. Jill Marino shared an experience of friendship, which started at the U2 Academic Conference in 2009. Aaron J. Sams talked about the time he discovered "The Fly," and Sherry Lawrence closed out the month by offering her thoughts on the upcoming U2.com subscription gift.
In our new series "Like a Video," Tim Neufeld wrote an essay about U2's October interview. And the "U2 Lists" piece for this month was authored by Kenny Irwin, who discussed the Top 9 Live October Songs.
On a related note, we featured a bevy of additional content surrounding the 30th anniversary of October:
- 5 Questions with Neil Storey by Matt McGee
- 5 Questions with Carter Alan by Sherry Lawrence
- Why October is My Favorite Album by Lisa Zeitlinger
- Why October is My Least Favorite Album by Ian Ryan
- Radio Airlplay in the U.S. by Matt McGee
- October Releases Through the Years by Aaron J. Sams
- At The Crossroads with Steve Lillywhite by Sherry Lawrence
- Danielle Rheaume on Returning Bono's Lost Lyrics by Scott Calhoun
We also conducted a photo contest for the best images from the 360 tour.
Finally, we celebrated Larry's 50th birthday with 50 Things to Love About Larry Mullen, Jr. on his 50th Birthday by Tassoula E. Kokkoris.
To leave feedback on any of these @U2 originals, visit our forum.