A good portion of U2 fans aren't optimistic about the band's next album. In a recent survey here on @U2 asking fans to describe their expectations, about 22 percent said they think the album will be "okay," "bad" or "terrible." Even among the other 78 percent, fans seem divided. About 33 percent figure the album will be "good" and 45 percent are expecting it to be "terrific."
Considering that a fan site like ours is likely to attract only the band's biggest fans, those numbers seem a bit "low" -- i.e., that fans' expectations aren't as high as I'd expect.
The survey ran for most of April and more than 3,500 fans around the world voted. Here are the results in chart form:
We've just updated our poll question, asking for your guess about what the highest priced ticket will be on U2's next tour. You can vote now on atu2.com.